LEARNER TECHNICIANS (10 x 1-year Contracts)
Basic Salary: R96 748 p.a. • Ref. ES 14/12
Location: Cape Town
Organisation: City of Cape Town
Closing Date: 02 March 2012
Download Application Form
These contractual posts are for learner technicians who are in possession of an S4 diploma OR those who still require in-service training to obtain their S4 diplomas in the following disciplines:
- Protection (HV & MV field services, projects design and settings, performance audit)
- telecommunication (optic fibre network & multiplexers, telephone exchanges & cables, wide & local area network, radios and microwave)
- measurement (laboratory, automation, quality, operations, construction and investigations)
- transmission systems development (planning and design of high-voltage sub-stations and specification of HV cable, power transformers and switchgear, project management)
- distribution systems development (planning and design of medium-voltage distribution systems and project management)
- distribution (medium 11kV and low-voltage distribution system maintenance and construction)
- civil (knowledge of facilities, sub-stations, approval of plans, estimates, scoping of work, tender adjudication, writing of tender specifications, CAD for drawings, supervision of site works, closing off of construction work)
- mechanical (power station plant maintenance, gas turbine and hydroelectric)
- SCADA (remote control and communications)
- high-voltage cables (operations and maintenance of support systems, technology and resources)
- highvoltage sub-stations (operations and maintenance support systems, technology and resources)
- vending systems: operations and maintenance of support systems and technology.
Requirements: A successfully completed S4 course in the related field (in-service training still needed) or an S4 diploma • a valid code B driver’s licence preferred • residency in the Cape Metropole.
To apply for one of these positions, please submit an official application form indicating your field of preference (i.e. SCADA, Measurement, etc.), a certified copy of your ID, your CV, and certified copies of your driver’s licence, S4 diploma (or statement of results indicating that in-service training is outstanding for the S4 diploma to be awarded).
Please Note: All applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be undergoing an assessment • preference will be given to candidates who qualify and require in-service training to obtain their S4 diploma • if you have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Please forward your application to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 2 March 2012