All our Young Talent Programmes are based on the 70:20:10 Model of Learning and Development which is based on three types of learning: Hands-on (70%), Asking questions (20%), Classroom (10%). We also understand that the world of work has changed and will continue to change. To keep with the pace and progress within the organization, you will need more than just Hard Skills (Technical), hence, during your time at ABB South Africa we will equip you with Soft Skills that will enable you to connect, create your identity and promote yourself in any working environment.
In addition to formally learning about our products through our online Learning Management System and our face-to face classroom training (10%), you will spend most of your time working with our actual products and systems (70%), and also be exposed to industry experts and leaders who will be available to answer your questions and provide you with career guidance (20%). For the 2018 Intake, we are looking for graduates in the following areas for which we have highly structured rotation matrices:
- Electrical Engineering: In the first 6 months, you will learn the Testing of Switchgear on all EPMV areas. Primary, Secondary, Modular and Service area, Testing of Traction Transformers, Working with electrical and mechanical designs for switchgear and CAD drawings.
- Mechanical Engineering: In the first 6 months, you will learn Basic design and droughting of motors, basic electrical and mechanical workings on electric motor, and project coordination.
- Control and Instrumentation: In the first 6 months, you will learn about our Control Systems, Field Instrumentation and Actuators, Design and Commissioning of DCS.
- Industrial Engineering: In the first 6 months, you will get learn our Factory Operations, Time Studies and Process Improvements.
- For the remaining 18 months of your program, you will be committed to projects which might include site work and travelling for sales, service and commissioning of our products in countries where we have operations.
- Should have a BSc or B-tech or Diploma in any of the areas mentioned above. In addition to the hunger to learn.
- Should demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, problem solving, creativity, innovation complemented with solid interpersonal and leadership skills and high self-confidence – this would make you the ideal candidate.
- Very Important: Please attach your academic record to your application. Your application will be immediately disqualified if this document is not attached.
How to Apply
Apply Online for the ABB Engineering Graduate / Internship Programme