Closing Date: 31 August 2012
The Absa BMI Bursary Programme is a collaborative partnership between Absa and the Centre for Business Mathematics Informatics ® at the North West University (NWU). The purpose of the programme to ensure a constant talent supply of specialist risk graduates who will contribute to the improvement of the risk skills pool in Absa and also in the wider sense, South Africa.
Who May Apply?
Candidates who intend to study at the Potchefstroom Campus or Vaal Triangle Campus of the NWU in 2013 for:
- the 5 year M.Sc. degree in Business Mathematics and Informatics specialising in:
- Quantitative Risk Management or;
- Financial Mathematics or
- Data Mining / Business Analytics or
- Actuarial Science.
- the 4 year Hons B.Com degree in Risk Management.
- Studying in 2013 at NWU for the abovementioned degrees, must be the candidates first time studying for a degree after Grade 12.
- Candidates, currently in GR12, must have obtained at least 70% or higher for Mathematics (not Mathematical Literacy) during the June 2012 examinations.
- Candidates, who completed GR12 already, must have obtained at least a B symbol or 70% in Mathematics (no Mathematical Literacy).
- Candidates must have no criminal record.