Closing Date: 31 August 2012
The CIA Auditor Trainee Programme offers Graduates the opportunity to break into a high performing and rewarding career space. By joining the Programme you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain substantial theoretical and practical experience.
- Acquire scarce and critical skills.
- Obtain a sought after industry recognised qualification.
- Earn an income while still part of a training programme.
The Absa CIA Auditor Trainee programme is structured as follows:
- Trainees will be appointed on a 2 year training contract within Absa Internal Audit, where after, there will be scope to appoint the high performing individuals permanently.
- On the job training which would focus on ensuring that trainees development is aimed at assisting them to acquire the expected minimum skills, relevant to the role , in accordance with the Competency Framework.
- The Programme specifies detailed, structured training that the trainee must be exposed to and show competence in.
- This Programme is sanctioned by the Institute Of Internal Audit in South Africa (IIASA)
- As a contract requirement, Trainees will be required to complete the 4 parts of the CIA exams so that at the end of Year 2 they meet the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) accreditation requirements.
- First year trainees will form part of the extensive Absa Graduate Development Programme (AGDP) that develops business acumen and will introduce the trainee to the vibrant Absa culture.
- Postgraduate B degree or equivalent NQF level 8 qualification to be obtained before January 2013 in the following qualifications:
- Business Mathematics and Informatics Degree
- Bsc with a major in Statistics
- B Com – Risk Management
- Bsc Honours – Computer Science
- B Degree in Insurance
- B Degree in Asset / Fund Management
- Less than twenty four (24) months permanent work experience. (This excludes temporary work during full-time studies.)
- Absa recruits graduates across Africa. We therefore consider applications from non South African citizens. In such instances, it is the individuals’ responsibility to obtain the necessary documentation to obtain your work permit.
The appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity strategy