Engineering Closing Date: 15 September 2018
Scholarships available for 2nd – 4th year / Honours, of full-time study at a tertiary institution
The Accenture (South Africa) Education Trust is an independent Education Trust for the purposes of assisting financially needy students with strong academic ability, who intend on pursuing studies in Information and Communications Technology.
Applications will only be considered from students who major in one of the following disciplines:
- BSc in Computer Science + Honours
- BCom or BSc in Informatics, BIT
- Information Systems + Honor’s or
- Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- Electronic Engineering
- Information Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- University of Cape Town
- University of the Western Cape
- Rhodes University
- University of Pretoria
- University of Johannesburg
- University of the Witwatersrand
Who may apply?
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Awards will be judged in accordance with significant financial need, evidence of family income will be required
- Academically deserving students who demonstrate an ability to succeed in their studies.
What does the scholarship cover?
- The full cost of the tuition fees, registration fees and examination fees.
- The full cost of residence fees and meals. For students living in a self-catering residence, a meal allowance will be provided.
- A book allowance to cover the cost of prescribed books only.
- A laptop computer.
The following criteria and conditions apply:
- Applicable for 2nd to 4th years of study, including Honours level. Please note that the Education Trust does not sponsor first year students.
- Renewable annually, provided the following criteria are met: consistent satisfactory academic performance; demonstrable leadership qualities and participation in extra-mural activities; Participation in activities which benefit others.
How to Apply
Scholarship applications close on the 15th of September 2018. Please send an email to request an application form: [email protected] or Call Thandeka on 011 208 4205 for more information.