The trainee programme is designed to provide students with the opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on work experience in an information technology environment. Trainees undertake challenging assignments that provide the opportunity to learn about new technologies, sharpen skills and make significant contributions to the teams and projects they function in.
As a trainee, you would be exposed to the development, delivery and management of technology-based business solutions. You should have some experience/exposure to coding, testing and implementing configuration changes and assisting in the design of software applications to meet both functional and technical requirements.
During the programme, you will provide support in all areas of the Software Development Lifecycle. You will be given the opportunity to work on a real project, from investigation, development right through to implementation.
In an effort to reach goals set for the programme, trainees are supervised, trained and mentored. A mentor is assigned to every intern that joins our programme. Through the safety of a mentoring relationship you are given the opportunity to achieve both professional and personal growth.
Trainees are given world class and market relevant training in the following areas: Java, Microsoft, SAP and Oracle.
Personal and Professional Growth
Trainees gain valuable leadership, communication and presentation skills. By rotating between different teams and roles, they provide a supporting role to team members in non-critical tasks as well given the opportunity to lead groups, thereby giving each trainee the opportunity to develop his/her group people skills. In addition to these roles, they must also deliver a real project at the end of their programme. To make a success of the project the trainees need to be highly motivated and team orientated, but they must also be able to work independently.
- Candidates must be in their final year of a 3 year Information Technology Diploma or a BTech IT or have recently qualified. You must be in possession of a strong academic record.
- Students must have preferably completed their In-service training.
- Studying the following disciplines: Software Development; Web & Applications Development; Business Applications; Technical Applications; Financial Information Systems and Computer Systems Engineering.
- Team player
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time management ability
- Delivery focused
- Demonstrates initiative
- Quick leaner and demonstrates applied learning capabilities
Trainees are expected to emerge from the program with an understanding of the information technology environment, as well as the different aspects thereof in a formalized working environment.