A two-week contract shadow / vacation programme at a leading South African law firm.
Excellent hands-on practical training with superb guidance and mentoring.
- busy with law degree (LLB preferrably, but not essential);
- desire to achieve, learn and excel;
- dedicated and hard working;
- logical thinking and initiative.
Without losing sight of the importance of academic achievement, we are on the lookout for bright and talented candidates who are capable, determined and driven to deliver outcomes, are energetic, enthusiastic and motivated, have good interpersonal skills and are focused on all-round performance. We employ people of excellence who are passionate about what they want to achieve. We encourage our candidate attorneys to work hard and achieve, thereby carving their own long-term career paths in the firm. The firm believes strongly in organic growth and retention – recruits, trains and aids its professionals to grow within the firm.
Our vacation programmes offer us a good opportunity to assess law students early in their careers. We often conduct interviews during this time.
Duties & Responsibilities
During the period an official programme will be followed. Various compulsory lectures will be presented, and you will be requested to complete assignments, attend client consultations, attend court (where possible) etc. More comprehensive details of the programme will be available on arrival.
- You will be expected to attend the entire programme on a daily basis from 08H00 to 16H30.
- You will be required to dress appropriately in office attire
- An allowance will be payable on the last day of the programme (please provide banking details upon arrival)
- An additional amount may be payable to candidates who reside outside of Gauteng as a contribution towards travel / accommodation costs. The onus lies upon you to find accommodation and/or transport for the duration of the programme
- For the duration of the programme, all policies relating to the firm will apply
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.