Position: Graphic Design Internship
Closing Date: 07 March 2013
Duration: 3 Months
The Graphic Design Intern will collaborate with all media, communications and advertising initiatives as per Dot Com Holdings request. The intern is an artist who must create visually appealing and appropriate designs that will contribute to Dot Com Holdings goal of disseminating information about its activities and products and cater to client’s requests.
- Create design ideas for print, media and online platforms
- Present ideas to the team, join pretests and post-test where necessary, and apply important revisions in all products to fit the project’s requirements
- Assist in exploring other avenues and opportunities where Dot Com Holdings can help promote and market its products
- Assist with website design
- Assist with publication design
- Assist with client corporate identity – to give organizations a visual ‘brand’
- Assist with advertising
- Creating design concepts that fit the client’s needs
- Proofreading and preparing designs to be sent to print.
- Undergraduate degree/diploma (or working toward one) in graphic design
- Knowledge of two or more of the following software applications: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Capacity for innovation, creative thought, and strategic thinking
- Strong typography, design, and layout skills
- Basic knowledge of copywriting and proofreading
- Strong presentation skills and capacity to interact professionally with people of diverse backgrounds
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure, handle heavy volumes, and meet demanding deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, and/or other desktop publishing or imaging software
- Understanding of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Basic understanding of Pinnacle studio, Dreamweaver and basic HTML
How to Apply
If you fit the requirements please forward your CV to the email address listed below;
Mail to: [email protected]
Email subject: JOB#01INT
Please note: Intern will be remunerated a monthly stipend. All rights to outputs produced during the internship belong to the company but can be used by the intern as part of their portfolio. The company values integrity and plagiarism can be grounds for early termination of internship. At the end of the internship, the intern will fill out a written evaluation of the program, and the intern’s supervisor will fill out a written evaluation of the intern’s abilities and progress. The supervisor can be used as a reference for future job search.
Comments are closed.