Closing Date: 14 April 2017
Location: Modderfontein, Gauteng
AECI Limited would like to appoint 41 unemployed Learners to train in a Chemical Operations (NQF 2) qualification. The Learnership period will be of 12 months duration. The training will involve both Chemical Operations theory and a practical component at various AECI operations in the Gauteng area.
AECI is a South African-based explosives and specialty chemicals company focused on providing products and services to a broad spectrum of customers in the mining, manufacturing and agricultural sectors. The company has regional and international businesses in Africa, South East Asia, the USA and Australia. Other markets of interest are in Latin America. AECI offers an inspiring environment where passionate, dynamic, and ambitious people can develop their full potential. We seek motivated people who are eager to seize every opportunity for professional advancement through continuous learning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attendance of theoretical classes at the AECI Training Centre situated at Chloorkop / Zibambela (Modderfontein) for a period of approximately 2 months.
- Undertake Plant Operator experiential training with a Chemical Plant environment.
- Undertake Shift work and/or Overtime duties as and when required.
- Achieve competency in all relevant NQF Level 2 Unit Standards and compile a Portfolio of Evidence in support of this qualification.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science / Chemical Engineering S4.
- Age group 18 – 25 years.
- Ability to work within a Chemical Plant environment.
- Basic computer literacy would be an advantage.
- Communication skills.
- Team Work.
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply
Apply Online for the AECI Graduate Chemical Engineering Learnership Programme