Location: All Provinces
Closing Date: 22 December 12
The Auditor-General of South Africa (AGSA) is investing in the trainee accountant scheme, which is offered by the AGSA to provide people with the opportunity to qualify as chartered accountants.
- Support programmes
- Training: practical training is provided and monitored by ATCOR (Accounting Training Corporation) in accordance with SAICA’s performance management system
- Ample study leave
- Extensive exposure to regularity auditing
- Exposure to various fields of specialised auditing, such as computer, performance, forensic, environmental and regularity auditing
- Exposure to a variety of public audits at national, provincial and local level
- International auditing opportunities
- Competitive salaries
Travelling is an inherent part of this position.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of a Trainee Auditor
Skills, Experience & Education
The AGSA are looking for the following candidates:
* CA route:
Candidates must have a B.Comm. or B.Compt degree with Auditing, Accounting, and Management Accounting as majors. Taxation is also a requirement.
To be considered for the 2011 intake candidates must be able to register for CTA (one year programme) in 2011.
* Registered Government Auditor (RGA) route:
Candidates must have a four year Degree/Diploma with the following subjects: Financial Accounting, Auditing (NOT Internal auditing), Management Accounting, Taxation, Computer Information Systems, Commercial Law, Statistics.
How to Apply
Apply Online (on the AGSA Click Audit Trainees > … )
We embrace employment equity and are committed to achievement of fair and equal representation of our workforce.
Preference will be given to candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
Auditor General welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities.