Closing Date: 11 January 2019
Key Competency Skills
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons for external bursary programme for 2019. Academic year. Alfred District Municipality bursary funds the following scarce and critical skills:
- BSc: Community Water Services and Sanitation, BSc Water Resource Management or any other water and sanitation related qualification
- Civil/ Building Engineering
- Town and Regional Planning
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Health Management
- Geographic Information System
- Information Communication Technology / BSc Computer Science
- MBCHB (medicine)
- BSC Environmental and water science-
- BSc Geology
- Marine engineering
- Bachelor of Radiography
- Chemical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Metallurgical engineering
Conditions of Eligibility
- Preference will be given to disadvantaged individuals, and proof thereof must be provided.
- Students residing within Alfred Nzo area of jurisdiction
- Youth between ages 16-35
- Students who are financially needy and academic deserving
- Students who are intending to study at a recognised South African tertiary institution for the aforementioned fields
Applicants should submit the following documents with the application forms:
- Motivation letter
- Grade 12 certificate or latest results for current grade 12 leaners
- Proof of enrolment or acceptance letter from recognised tertiary institution
- Certified copy of ID
- Proof of residence from Ward Councillor
- Parents proof of income/death certificate(s) affidavit in cases where the student does not have one or both parents.
How to Apply
Download Application Form or get a copy from the ANDM Offices, local municipalities, (umzimvubu, Matatiele, Ntabankulu, and Mbizana) and Ward Councilors.
Successful students are expected to enter into a contractual agreement with Alfred Nzo District Municipality. The agreement contains all general provisions related to the bursary.
Alfred Nzo District Municipality reserves the right to determine the total number of bursary allocations for the academic year based on the total budget available.
Applications must be submitted to: The Senior Manager Corporate Services, Alfred Nzo District Municipality, ERF 1400 Ntsizwa Street, Private Bag x511, Mount Ayliff 4735. All queries should be directed to Ms. A.N. Zibobo: Human Resource Development Section by telephone on (039) 254 5112 / 5125
Successful candidates will be informed on or before 31 January 2019.