Closing Date: 19 October 2012
The Quality department offers a two year contract for newly graduated Engineers to gain experience in the highly technical environment.
Armscor’s Vision is to be a truly South African organisation that is valued locally and globally as a centre of technical excellence for defence acquisition and support services. Its Mission is to meet the acquisition, maintenance and disposal needs of the South African Department of Defence and other clients in terms of defence materiel, related products and services. Armscor maintains strategic capabilities and technologies and also promotes the local defence-related industry. The corporation conducts business to the highest standards, while remaining committed to equal opportunities, transparency and accountability.
- Learn and apply Basic Quality Principles.
- Get exposure to Armscor, SANDF, and defence industry environments.
- Get training in Quality Assurance theory and practice.
- Participate in Quality Assurance & acceptance activities under supervision.
- Receive practical training in product life cycle standards, processes and systems.
- Gain practical experience in the electronic project environment
What Do You Need?
- To qualify for this you need to be in possession of a B Tech. / National Diploma (Electronics).
- You must be a self-starter, assertive and dedicated.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills would be essential.
- Valid Driver’s License
- No previous experience required.
How to Apply
To apply please email a detailed CV and full academic transcripts to [email protected]
NB: Please indicate the job title and reference number of the position you are applying for in the subject heading.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualifications with your first application.
NB: Please indicate the position and the applicable reference number in your application.
In line with Armscor’s commitment to compliance to Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check, verification of the applicant’s personal data and security clearance as part of the selection process.
Please note that appointment to this position is subject to obtaining / maintaining a positive security clearance.
Should you not hear from us within two months after forwarding your application please consider your application to be unsuccessful.