Closing Date: 26 October 2012
Protechnik, a division of Armscor Defence Institutes (Pty) Ltd is a Research, Development and Implementation company performing project work in the field of Chemical and Biological Defence as well as contract synthesis, analysis of environmental samples and respiratory products testing.
Protechnik Laboratories has a vacancy for a Scientist-in-training to perform analytical work on occupational and environmental samples. The successful candidate will also do project work in the area of analytical chemistry and the detection of hazardous chemicals.
- Assist in perusing and retrieving relevant documentation (chemical literature)
- Assist in performing chromatographic analysis (must have basic understanding of gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, ion chromatography, high performance liquid chromatography, ICP and wet analytical methods)
- Work on projects with Senior Scientists
- Assist in the procurement of laboratory equipment and chemicals
- Participate in maintaining ISO 17025 accreditation
- Maintain chromatographic instrumentation
Expert Ability and Competencies Required
- B. Tech or BSc in Analytical Chemistry;
- No previous experience required;
- Computer proficient (MS Office);
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written);
- Must be able to work under pressure
- May have to work away from the office for short periods
- Must be able to work with a fully protective suit and gas mask.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please e-mail a detailed CV and full academic transcripts [email protected]
NB: Please indicate the job title and reference number of the position you are applying for in the subject heading.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualifications with your first application.
NB: Please indicate the position and the applicable reference number in your application.
In line with Armscor’s commitment to compliance to Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check, verification of the applicant’s personal data and security clearance as part of the selection process.
Please note that appointment to this position is subject to obtaining / maintaining a positive security clearance.
Should you not hear from us within two months after forwarding your application please consider your application to be unsuccessful.