Closing Date: 20 September 2013
Location: , Northern Cape
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12
- Fire Prevention Association Workplace Fire Fighting 1 Course completed.
- Basic Ambulance Assistant Course Completed.
- Valid Code EC 1 Driver’s license.
JOB KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Due to the nature of the work involved, the successful incumbent must be willing to work irregular hours and when required over weekends and on public holidays according to a standby duty roster.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following on an ad hoc (when required) basis:
- Render Basic Ambulance duties in and outside the mine.
- Driving of all types of fire and rescue vehicles used by the Emergency Services Section.
- Fighting of all types of fires that may break out on or around the mine.
- Perform airport standby duties.
- Assist with all vehicle, water, high area and aircraft rescues on and around the mine.
- Assist with mopping up operations of Hazardous Material spillage on or around the mine.
- Continual cleaning of the emergency vehicles, fire station, equipment, workshop and surrounding terrain.
The incumbent must possess the following:
- Applicant must be willing to undergo various formal and practical training courses on an ongoing basis.
- Applicant should be in a fit condition and capable of handling heavy emergency equipment.
- Must not be afraid of working at heights, in water or adverse weather conditions.
- Interpersonal – Teamwork, Cross-Cultural Awareness and Stress tolerance
- Problem analyzing
- Innovation and Good Communication Skills
- Operational – A concern for excellence
- Communication in English or Afrikaans and Tswana (Read and write)
- Ability to function independent as well as in a team.
- The initial salary will be determined in accordance with Kumba Iron Ore regulations
How to Apply
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Applicants must apply via ONE of the following options below:
- Submit an application form with certified copies of certificates, K009-form and advertisement to GSS Walk-in-Centre.
- Via the Source (internal applicants only)
- Alternatively send your CV to [email protected]
- For additional information please contact Charlotte Mora on 053 739 3108
Comments are closed.