Location: Thermal Coal, Greenside Colliery, Mpumalanga
Closing Date: 08 February 2013
Ref No: GS013/13DH
Vacancies exist at Greenside Colliery for Engineering Learnerships in the following fields:
- Fitter, including machining
- Sound knowledge of Safety Systems, Regulations and Standards with a high regard to safety and a excellent safety record
- N2/N3 Technical qualification with relevant subjects i.e.:
- Fitter (Maths, Science, Engineering Drawing, Fitting and Machining Trade theory)
- Electrician (Maths and Science, Industrial electronics or Electro-technology/ Electrical Trade Theory)
- Boilermaker (Maths, Science, Boilermaker Drawing, Boilermaker Trade Theory)
- Must be medically fit and have a valid Certificate of Fitness
- A valid K53 provincial driver’s license without endorsements
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, standby & call outs when required
- Be able to cope with pressure, be innovative & a self-starter
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in the underground mining environment will be advantageous
- Certified copies of qualifications and ID Document must be attached to all applications.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
- Candidates must be able and prepared to undergo a psychometric assessment
- Rigger (Maths, Science, Engineering Drawing, Rigger Trade Theory)
How to Apply
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity considerations.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful. Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only. All applicants are thanked for their interest.