Title: IT TECHNICIAN IN TRAINING
Ref: IT 9911632
CLOSING DATE: 30 April 2013
ICT Division of the IT Department has a vacancy for an IT Technician in Training (2 year contract).
The purpose of this job: The incumbent will be provided with an opportunity to develop skills and gain practical experience in service desk, server, network and application environments.
CRITICAL PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Installations and configuration of end user computer hardware and software.
- Resolution of all IT end-user related incidents, problems and requests.
- Update logged calls with relevant information on all outstanding calls.
- Installation, configuration, administration and monitoring of servers.
- Basic trouble shooting and fault management of servers.
- Server capacity management and reporting.
- Administration and maintenance of corporate network
- Basic troubleshooting and fault management on network
- Develop and maintain databases
- Coding, debugging, testing, and documentation of application programs.
EXPERT ABILITY AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- BSc Computer Science or B Tech in IT.
- No experience is required
- Above average interpersonal, problem solving, analytical, team work and communication skills.
- A valid code B license is an added advantage
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please email a detailed CV to [email protected]
NB: Please indicate the job title and reference number of the position you are applying for in the subject heading.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualifications with your first application.
NB: Please indicate the position and the applicable reference number in your application.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check, verification of the applicant’s personal data and security clearance as part of the selection process.
Please note that appointment to this position is subject to obtaining / maintaining a positive security clearance.
Should you not hear from us within two months after forwarding your application please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Comments are closed.