CLOSING DATE: 19 August 2013
PERSONNEL EVALUATION CONSULTANT (TRAINEE) (C4) Ref: 921
The APED Division of the Human Resources Department has a vacancy for a Personnel Evaluation Consultant (Trainee).
The purpose of this job is to conduct fieldwork for security clearance applications, and to evaluate fieldwork.
CRITICAL PERFORMANCE AREAS
- The successful candidate will receive training to:
- Identify relevant references.
- Plan and conduct personal and reference interviews
- Write interview reports and make recommendations
- Conduct pre-employment security interviews (PESI)
- Conduct vetting fieldwork that involves long distance trips away from Head Office if necessary.
- Assist with the administrative functions at the APED evaluation office of Defence Intelligence
- Submit monthly statistics
- Stand in for supervisor when required
- It will also be expected of the successful incumbent to provide administrative support to the APED Division
EXPERT ABILITY AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- B degree in Humanities with Psychology as major or an equivalent qualification.
- The incumbent must successfully complete the basic theoretical and practical training in SADIC evaluation and vetting course.
- Able to develop above average interviewing and report-writing skills.
- Emotional maturity with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and organising abilities.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Analytical and decision-making abilities are required.
- Computer literate and a valid driver’s licence.
Complete this CV TEMPLATE ( Download Armscor Opportunities CV template in ), SAVE and email to [email protected]
No applications will be accepted after the closing date.
NB: Only applications indicating the job title and reference number in the subject heading of your e-mail will be considered. All hand-delivered applications should be submitted to Rose Ndumiso at Block 4, Level 0, Office 421.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualifications with your first application.
In line with Armscor’s commitment to compliance to Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check, verification of the applicant’s personal data and security clearance as part of the selection process.
Please note that appointment to this position is subject to obtaining / maintaining a positive security clearance.
Should you not hear from us within two months after forwarding your application please consider your application to be unsuccessful.