Closing Date: 3 March 2014
Trainee Accountant programme is provided in terms of Assupol’s status as an accredited training organization of SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants).The programme offers developmental opportunities through integration of extensive on-the-job training, incorporating technical and professional skills as required by SAICA to become a Chartered Accountant, the trainee will provide supportive financial and accounting functions in the Group Finance division of Assupol.
The successful candidate should be self-motivated to become a Chartered Accountant, and have the characteristics of integrity and accuracy.Trainee Accountant gain experience in the full function from planning to finalization; taxation; statutory functions and client relations.
Proof of academic results reflecting the person’s strive to become a Chartered Accountant.
To date Assupol has obtained a 100% pass rate (all 1st attempts) in the SAICA board exams.
- 3rd year BCom Accounting – CA Stream (or equivalent)
- BCompt or BCom Honours (or equivalent)
- Good MS Excel skills
- Pastel skills (optional)
- Accpac skills (optional)Personal Attributes:
- Ability to work well in a team and have leadership potential
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well balanced with a positive attitude and keen sense of adventure
- Problem solver that can work independently with limited supervision
How to Apply