Closing Date: 07 October 2016
Air Traffic and Navigation Services State-Owned Company Limited (ATNS SOC Ltd) is proud to invite dynamic and enthusiastic engineering graduates to apply to be part of the Engineering Graduate Development Programme at the Aviation Training Academy (ATA) based in Bonaero Park, Johannesburg.
The programme runs for 12 months consisting of six (6) months training at ATA and remaining six (6) months exposure at different ATNS Operational Sites.
A candidate who has completed a BSC /B. Eng. Graduate Degree (completed or about to be completed) from the University in any of the following fields:
- Electronic Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- Mechatronic Engineering
Is a South African Citizen with a valid ID
Is Computer Literate (MS Office)
Shows drive to achieve ambitious performance objectives and quality standards
Is willing to take every opportunity to learn and grow
What happens in the twelve months?
The graduate development will be monitored throughout the 12 months period, which includes the mentorship and coaching programme.
After the 12 months programme, the company may place a candidate permanently in a suitable area having considered available opportunities, performance and competence.
The following are some of the careers available at ATNS SOC Limited within the Operations Technology Department:
- Engineering Technicians
- Project Managers
- Systems Engineers
- Infrastructure Personnel
- ICT Technicians
- Chief Specialists
- Research Specialists
- Technical Specialists
ATNS is an equal opportunity employer that strives to achieve a diverse workforce broadly representative of our people. This position will be filled in line with the objectives of ATNS’ Employment Equity Plan and therefore candidates from designated groups as per the Employment Equity Act of 1998 are encouraged to apply.
Females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- apply electrical/electronic engineering techniques and practices within a specific electrical/electronic area
- apply theoretical, problem-solving and lateral thinking in the design of new electrical/electronic systems
- communicate (verbal and/or written) in terms of work sheets, reports and on-the job instructions
- communicate sound electrical/electronic engineering insights and solutions
- diagnose electrical/electronic problem
- keep up to date with latest trends and development in the electrical and electronic areas
- advanced electrical/electronic theory, workshop and/or hand skills practices
- applying electrical/electronic engineering to resolve problems/exploit opportunities
- basic project management environments
- creative, lateral thinking and problem-solving approaches
- the theory and practice of the electrical/electronic area
How to Apply
Apply Online for the ATNS Graduate / Internship Programme
Interested applicants are requested to register their CV’s and apply online by clicking on ATNS Careers) no later than 07 October 2016
If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.