Closing Date: 11 September 2015
The learnership programme normally referred to as Internship/ Experiential learning is aimed at offering work-based training to learners through work experience related to their field of study in order for them to complete a Qualification. E.g. National Diploma.
The programme will run for 12 months consisting of Experiential Training P1 & P2. It is important to note that with regards to internships, trainees will be required to meet the work experience requirements of the Higher Education Institution in order to be awarded a qualification. Successful completion of P1 allows a student to be automatically enrolled for P2.
A candidate who has or is about to complete Electrical Engineering Semester four (4) training from the University of Technology in any of the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering:
- Process Instrumentation
- Digital Systems
- Computer Systems
- Is a South African Citizen with a valid ID
- Is Computer Literate (MS Office)
- Shows drive to achieve ambitious performance objectives and quality standards
- Is willing to take every opportunity to learn and grow
What happens in the twelve months?
The Engineering Learnership programme will be monitored throughout the 12 months period..
After the 12 months programme, the company may place a candidate permanently in a suitable area having considered available opportunities, performance and competence.
The following are some of the careers available at ATNS SOC Limited within the Operations Technology Department:
- Engineering Technicians
- Network Infrastructure
- ICT Technicians
- Chief Specialists
- Technical Specialists
Interested applicants are requested to register their CV’s and apply online by clicking on ATNS Careers) no later than 11 September 2015
If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- apply electrical / electronic engineering techniques and practices within a specific electrical / electronic area
- apply theoretical, problem-solving and lateral thinking in the design of new electrical / electronic systems
- communicate (verbal and/ or written) in terms of work sheets, reports and on-the job instructions
- communicate sound electrical /electronic engineering insights and solutions
- diagnose electrical / electronic problem
- keep up to date with latest trends and development in the electrical and electronic areas
- applying electrical/electronic engineering to resolve problems/exploit opportunities
- creative, lateral thinking and problem-solving approaches
- the theory and practice of the electrical/electronic area
How to Apply
Apply for the ATNS P1 & P2 Engineering Experiential Traineeship Programme