Closing Date: 07 October 2016
Air Traffic and Navigation Services State-Owned Company Limited (ATNS SOC Ltd) is proud to invite dynamic and enthusiastic engineering students to apply to be part of the Engineering Learnership Programme at the Aviation Training Academy (ATA) based in Bonaero Park, Johannesburg.
The programme runs for 12 months consisting of Experiential Training P1 & P2. Successful completion on P1 allows a student to be automatically enrolled on P2.
A candidate who
- Has / about to be completed Electrical Engineering Semester four (4) from the University of Technology in any of the following fields:
- Process Instrumentation
- Digital Systems
- Computer Systems
- Is a South African Citizen with a valid ID
- Is Computer Literate (MS Office)
- Shows drive to achieve ambitious performance objectives and quality standards
- Is willing to take every opportunity to learn and grow
What happens in the twelve months?
The Engineering Learnership will be monitored throughout the 12 months period, which includes the mentorship and coaching programme.
After the 12 months programme, the company may place a candidate permanently in a suitable area having considered available opportunities, performance and competence.
The following are some of the careers available at ATNS SOC Limited within the Operations Technology Department:
- Engineering Technicians
- Network Infrastructure Personnel
- ICT Technicians
- Chief Specialists
- Technical Specialists
ATNS is an equal opportunity employer that strives to achieve a diverse workforce broadly representative of our people. This position will be filled in line with the objectives of ATNS’ Employment Equity Plan and therefore candidates from designated groups as per the Employment Equity Act of 1998 are encouraged to apply. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- apply electrical/electronic engineering techniques and practices within a specific electrical/electronic area
- apply theoretical, problem-solving and lateral thinking in the design of new electrical/electronic systems
- communicate (verbal and/or written) in terms of work sheets, reports and on-the job instructions
- communicate sound electrical/electronic engineering insights and solutions
- diagnose electrical/electronic problem
- keep up to date with latest trends and development in the electrical and electronic areas
- advanced electrical/electronic theory, workshop and/or hand skills practices
- applying electrical/electronic engineering to resolve problems/exploit opportunities
- basic project management environments
- creative, lateral thinking and problem-solving approaches
- the theory and practice of the electrical/electronic area
How to Apply
If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Comments are closed.