BDO Vac programme is aimed at giving students an opportunity to gain exposure to the basic principles of Auditing and Accounting. It’s a great way to earn extra money, gain practical experience and obtain an inside view of potential career options with one of the world’s leading Auditing Firms. Vac Programmes also afford students the opportunity of learning more about our organisation. Vac work forms an important part of ensuring that students are provided with relevant, practical audit exposure.
Vacation employment will provide you with an opportunity to learn more about being a Chartered Accountant; it is an interesting interactive program, the goal of which is to experience what it is a Trainee accountant does.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The benefits of attending vacation employment are numerous:
- Students gain the opportunity to apply some of the theoretical knowledge covered at university in a practical setting.
- Students experience what it is like to work at BDO .
- Vacation employment affords students the opportunity to meet and interact with students from other universities.
- Students start to build up a network of contacts within the firm.
- There are definite benefits gained in terms of a broader understanding of auditing concepts and this has assisted numerous students with their studies.
Skills, Experience & Education:
Currently studying 1st, 2nd, 3rd year B.Com / B.Bus
Sci – CA streams – or GDA / Hons / CTA CA stream
- More Information: http://www.bdograd.drm-za.com
- Application Closing Date: 31/10/2011
NB: Vacation Employment Programmes are run in all of our major offices, either during the mid-year vacation in June/July or the year-end vacation between October/December.