The Banking Skills Academy
The Banking Skills Academy is a virtual academy which will, in time, host a number of Standard Bank specific learnership programmes aimed at unemployed youth; The current learnership on offer is at various entry level roles within The Bank, for which learners are required. These learners, if successful in their application, will be required to sign a 12-month fixed term employment contract as well as a learnership contract. They will be allocated to the various branches where they will be spending time applying their learning, when they are not formally or informally engaged in training activities. Upon successful completion they will obtain a recognized Further Education and Training Certificate in Core Banking and Financial Services (NQF Level 4).
Learners are not paid a salary but will receive a learner allowance of R2,500.00 per month for the duration of the learnership.
- Eligibility requirements, candidates must be:
- South African citizens
- Be between the ages of 18-30
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Must have completed matric with maths, matric literacy or accounting
- Be computer literate.
- Not be registered on any other learnership.
- Not permanently employed.
- Not registered at any tertiary institution.
Successful learners will be contacted during JANUARY 2012 to start in MARCH 2012.
Candidates will be required to complete relevant assessments.
Should you not hear from us by the end of January 2012, consider your application unsuccessful.