Be part of the fastest growing internet company in history. Groupon (www.groupon.co.za) is officially the fastest growing internet company in history and the first to reach $1 billion in sales in only seventeen months since its inception. Featured on the front cover of Forbes magazine (08/10) and listed in TIME’s Top 50 Websites of 2010 we are committed to helping businesses gain exposure while giving consumers a better deal. With offices all over the world and an ever-increasing active subscriber base of over 142.9 million people in 45 countries, our unique brand of direct marketing coupled with our up-tempo, inspirational and stimulating work ethos, has established our online coup d’état at the helm of the global, social commerce scene. Our South African office has grown exponentially since its entry into the market in January 2011 and we are only interested in top graduates joining our high energy and industry leading team!
Responsibilities of Role:
Groupon offers a great opportunity for entrepreneurial and dynamic graduates who want to be exposed to the real world of a start-up business. This position is all about getting the opportunity to get to grips with how a business works – be that the fastest growing company in the world! The successful individual will be given the opportunity to develop and implement their academic business knowledge in a variety of areas including sales research, customer services, operations, human resources, finance and marketing.
- Bachelors degree with a finance major preferred.
- Possess a desire to contribute and impact a business – and get your hands dirty!
- Diligence and tenacity to find solutions.
- The ability to effectively deal with external customers.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on routine processes
- Work experience whilst studying is highly desirable.
- We offer a fixed term contract of 3 months
- Work hours are from 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
- This is a paid internship
Please register your CV at www.grouponjobs.co.za before 14 March 2012.
Due to a high influx of top candidates wanting to join our team, we regret that only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Duration: 3 Months
Location: Cape Town