The purpose of the Cadet Graduate Programme is to give young graduates the opportunity to learn more about the operations of a central bank and to equip them for the world of work.
Applicants who have recently completed, or are in the process of completing, their tertiary qualifications in one of the following fields:
- Commercial law
- Money and banking
- Financial accounting.
- The duration of the programme is 12 months, 4 of which are spent on academic and 8 on work-based learning
- Each graduate is assigned to a department at the Bank’s Head Office in Pretoria to complete the practical training
- The cadets are introduced to, and familiarised with, the operations of departments, and the corporate environment and its culture
- The cadets receive tuition at the South African Reserve Bank College (the SARB College)
- They are provided with a strong support system, which includes experienced coaches and mentors to guide them through the learning process
- Academics, subject matter experts in the Bank and other specialist consultants are invited as guest lecturers on the programme
- At the end of the programme successful learners are awarded an Advanced Programme in Central Banking Certificate which is offered in collaboration with the University of South Africa (Unisa)
- The Bank also considers cadets for permanent positions at the end of the programme.
How to apply
Invitations for applications to attend the programme are published in the national press and on the Bank’s website: http://www. reservebank.co.za with a link to the SARB College. A concerted effort is also made to inform students about the programme at most tertiary institutions in South Africa.
For more details on the material covered in the programme and application process, please click on the links, below.
Closing Date: 31 August 2011
Comments are closed.