ELECTRICITY AND ENERGY DIRECTORATE
(RETAIL AND COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT)
POSITION CODE: 5019
Salary R123 732 – R157 824 per annum
(Basic salary only, excluding benefits)
Ref. 42 (Vote 16860135) – 5 March 2012
Location: Port Elizabeth
Closing Date: 16th March 2012
Download Application Form
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
This position will require the successful applicant to interact with members of the public on the telephone, or an artisan on a two-way radio. The successful candidate will work in a busy call centre environment, and must be prepared to work shifts – weekdays as well as weekends.
- Grade 12 (Std 10).
- Computer literacy.
- Six months’ relevant experience, preferably in a customer services/customer care/call centre environment, as well as experience in working a switchboard.
- Ability to speak English, and IsiXhosa/Afrikaans (a recommendation). Ability to handle callers with tact and understanding.
- Availability for an eight-hour shift anytime within the 24-hour cycle – therefore the successful candidate must have reliable, ready transport to/from work, or preferably his/her own transport.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ideally, the incumbent must be familiar with the geographical layout of the city.
Summary of duties:
- Receiving calls from the public and assisting with various types of enquiries, including general information and calls about a lack of electricity and about cable faults.
- General administrative and clerical duties, i.e. completing fault forms, logging reported faults, and making photocopies.
- Creating job cards, using the automated information system.
- Various auxiliary duties, including reporting damaged water pipes to the Water Division, reporting fires to the Fire and Emergency Services, and reporting accidents and emergencies to the Police and Ambulance Service.
- Will be required to operate a two-way radio in order to dispatch artisans and obtain feedback from artisans.
Fringe benefits will include membership of a Retirement Fund, Medical Aid Scheme, Group Life Assurance Scheme, participation in a Housing Subsidy and Car Schemes (subject to the conditions of the various Schemes), and normal leave and sick leave benefits.
Proof of academic qualifications:
- All applications must be accompanied by certified copies of academic qualifications.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to produce their original academic qualifications at the interview.
- Should the necessity to determine equivalence of qualification and/or the verification/confirmation of same be required, this should be established via the relevant verification authority and the responsibility will rest with the applicants themselves.
Canvassing of Councillors is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION:
Kindly note that all applications for employment should be completed on the official employment application form of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality.
Please complete one employment application form per vacancy, clearly stating the position code of the post for which you are applying. Each completed application form must be accompanied by a CV (curriculum vitae) and certified copies of supporting documentation (please do not submit original supporting documentation, as this will not be returned). A CV not accompanied by a fully completed official application form will not be accepted.
Mail to the Executive Director: Corporate Services (Human Resources Management Services Sub-Directorate), P O Box 116, Port Elizabeth, 6000 or deliver to the Employment Application Receiving Centre, ground floor, Lillian Diedericks Building (previously Brister House), Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth.
Kindly note that the Municipality does not notify applicants whose applications were unsuccessful. Applicants not contacted within six weeks of the closing date may safely assume that their applications were not successful. They are nevertheless thanked for their interest shown in the position/s advertised.
In compliance with the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified African (male) applicants.