Closing Date: 01 November 2013
Duration: 24 Months
Stipend: R80k pa
Applications are hereby invited from dedicated and highly motivated persons who have recently obtained a relevant three year tertiary qualification to participate in an internship programme that seeks to capacitate recent graduates for a career in local government finance and consequently provide sufficient strategic management capacity at this level of government.
To assist and receive training and exposure in, inter alia, the following areas:
- Implementation of financial management reforms and the Municipal Finance Management Act
- General financial administration
- Capital and operating budget administration
- Expenditure and revenue administration
- Procurement administration
- Liability administration
- Budget and Treasury management
- Assets management
- B. Comm. degree with majors in Accounting and/ or Auditing, or a relevant three year tertiary qualification
- Computer literacy and knowledge of spreadsheet applications
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Work experience is not required, as full training and support will be provided. A training programme will expose the successful applicants to all facets of local government related financial services.
It must be noted that, at the conclusion of the internship contract period, the municipality is neither obliged to extend the contract period nor to offer permanent employment to the intern.
How to Apply
An application for the position accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications must be forwarded to the undersigned not later than Friday, 1 November 2013.
Faxed or emailed applications will not be considered.
The municipality is committed to the provisions of the Employment Equity Act in its Recruitment/Employment policies.
Applicants who have not been contacted within six weeks from the closing date should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Canvassing of councillors or officials in respect of the positions will lead to the disqualification of applicants.
ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER
P.O. Box 71 Tel: 049 807 5700
NOTICE NO: 87/2013