Closing Date: 21 October 2013
Enquiries: Mr John Jamneck
Remuneration: An all-inclusive R96 000 and R120 000 pa (in accordance with qualifications and experience)
The Municipal Financial Management Internship Programme aims to build municipalities’ capacity, in order to implement the municipal transformation, as prescribed by the Local Government: Financial Management Act, 2003.
The programme strives t0 equip incumbents with skills such as strategic planning and management, municipal budget and financial management. The training is aimed at in-service training that will expose participants to practices, uses and legislation that applies to the municipal financial environment.
Cape Agulhas Municipality currently has three vacancies on a two-year contract basis from 01 December 2013 to 30 November 2013 within the Municipal Financial Management.
The successful Candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Internal control, auditing and risk management will serve as the basis of the Municipal Financial Management Internship Programme.
- Assisting with the Compilation and Coordination of the Integrated Development Plan (IDP).
- Assisting with the Compilation of the annual Capital and operational budget
- Supporting the linking of the budget and the IDP
- Financial accounting (recording of transactions)
- Assisting with the Completion of the annual financial statements Supporting the implementation and management of General Recognised Accounting Practice (GRAF). Supporting the implementation of the Municipal Financial Management and Transformation Act.
- Supporting with financial reporting to the council.
- Diverse functions and responsibilities within the municipal sphere.
The following requirements are set to participate in the Municipal Finance Management Internship Programme at Cape Agulhas Municipality:
- Possession of at least a 3-year B degree OR
- Equivalent diploma, in Financial Management
- Financial Accounting III, Auditing I; Mercantile Law I; Economics I and Business Economics I; Business Management I; Local Governance I
- Recommendation: Municipal Finance would enhance an application
How to Apply
Application forms of Cape Agulhas Municipality are a prerequisite for consideration of an application irrespective of an accompanying CV. These forms can be obtained at the reception of the main building or from Mrs Janine Dixon-Kasira, telephone number 028 425 5500. Only fully completed application forms with certified copies of qualifications, certificates, driver’s licence (if required) and identity documents will be considered.
If qualification, certificates are not immediately available, affidavit must be handed in as proof of qualification. Applications received after the closing date by the human resources office will not be considered. Candidates who have not been contacted by 31 December 2013 must consider their applications to be unsuccessful. No application forms, CVs and/or qualifications can be reclaimed from the municipality. The Council reserves the right not to make any appointment.
DEAN O’NEILL, MUNICIPAL MANAGER, CAPE AGULHAS MUNICIPALITY, PO BOX 51, BREDASDORP 7280