Closing Date: Friday, 30 October 2015
Cape Winelands District Municipality invites well-deserving students to apply for participation in the Mayoral Bursary Fund. The shared vision for the Cape Winelands District Municipality is “a Unified Cape Winelands of Excellence!” Central to this vision, Cape Winelands District Municipality acknowledges that youth development is integral to the social, political and economic life of every young person in the District and society in general.
The Mayoral Bursary Fund seeks to ensure that human resource development, with specific emphasis on the youth of the District, must address the development of human capabilities and knowledge to meet the people’s ever growing need for goods and services and to improve their standard of living. It is against this background and the Cape Winelands District Municipality’s commitment to a better life for all, that the CWDM invites well deserving students who permanently reside within the area of jurisdiction of the Cape Winelands District Municipality, to apply for participation in the CWDM Mayoral Bursary Fund.
• Bursaries are awarded on an annual basis and are valid for only one academic year
• Current recipients of the CWDM Mayoral Bursary Fund must re-apply since there will be no automatic qualification for current Mayoral Bursary Fund holders
• Application forms must be completed in an applicant’s own handwriting, hand-delivered or posted and must reach the CWDM before or on the specified due date and time
• It should be noted that applications that do not adhere to the abovementioned prescriptions will not be considered, neither will late, faxed and/ or applications received via e-mail be considered
• Successful applicants will be obliged to sign a Study Agreement with the Cape Winelands District Municipality.
How to Apply
Download the Application Form
Applications, accompanied by originally certified true copies of students’ academic records and Identity Documents; proof of permanent residential address and proof of annual household income of applicants, must be returned to the Municipal Manager, Cape Winelands District Municipality, PO Box 100, Stellenbosch 7599 (for attention: Mr. C. Landsman).
The closing date for applications is Friday, 30 October 2015 at 15:00.
Applicants can acquire the prescribed application form from the official Cape Winelands District Municipality’s website, the Facebook page, from Mr. C. Landsman on 021 888 5120, or at the reception desks of the Cape
Winelands District Municipality’s offices in Stellenbosch, Worcester, Paarl, Wellington, Ceres, Robertson and Montagu.
Should there be no feedback received by or before 4 December 2015, applicants may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful. The Cape Winelands District Municipality is under no obligation to award a bursary to anyone.