Closing Date: 20 March 2017
Location: Sandton, South Africa
What does the programme involve?
The programme kicks off with a comprehensive induction that provides you with in-depth insight into the Caterpillar/Barloworld culture and processes and all of the tools and information that you will need to get you started. You are then given the opportunity to embark on a learning journey including rotational assignments across various business units within Caterpillar and Barloworld. These rotational assignments will be focused on developing industry and product application knowledge as well as a strong understanding of the Caterpillar Dealer network. This unique way of gaining exposure to the wider business will enable you to gain valuable experience that will put you on the right track for potential leadership roles in the future.
At the start of the programme you will be assigned a personal mentor who will help guide you through your journey. To ensure you stay on track your performance will be measured at key points throughout the programme and you will be provided with the feedback and direction that you need to work on any development points.
At the end of the 2-year programme, successful, high-performing graduates will be considered for a permanent role on the Caterpillar team based in South Africa. Possible roles that will be open to graduate applications will be:
- Product Support Marketing Representative
- Aftermarket Sales Solution Representative
- Machine Sales & Marketing Representative
Placement at the end of the programme will depend on your overall performance, integration with the team and the availability of suitable positions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following disciplines*:
BEng / BSC Eng (Mechanical, Industrial and Materials)
BCom or similar with Business Management, Marketing and/or Business Communication
*Applicants with excellent academic records will be given preference (as a guideline we are ideally seeking candidates with an average above 70%).
- Globally mobile – must be willing to travel and undertake international assignments if required
- Excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills
- Self-starter than enjoys solving challenging problems
- Fluent in English (other languages an advantage)
- Recent graduates or candidates with 1-2 years of entry-level work experience will be considered
- Must have the right to work and reside in South Africa
How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the online application process and ensure that you include an up-to-date CV as well as a copy of your university transcripts.
Apply Online for the Caterpillar: Graduate / Internship Programme 2017
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Your road to success is built through a Caterpillar career. As part of the talented Caterpillar team, you appreciate that working for a global leader creates endless opportunities for you.