Closing Date: 24 January 2014
Duration: 1-year contract
The Agency invites young, energetic and eager South African citizens who are interested in following a career in law enforcement to apply for participation in a twelve- (12-) month Road Transport Inspectorate Training Programme.
Requirements (documentary proof to be submitted):
- South African citizenship with proficiency in at least 2 official languages
- A National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) (post-matric qualification in Traffic/Law Enforcement will serve as an added advantage)
- Valid unendorsed driver’s licence
- No previous or pending criminal record/cases
- Experience in and/or exposure to law enforcement will be an added advantage.
The Road Transport Inspectorate Training Programme
The Programme is carried out in two phases:
- Theoretical training conducted in Gauteng at a designated academy/college (4-6 months)
- Practical field operations phase with trainees posted to any of the regional offices in the Free State, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, North
West, Northern/Western Cape at the discretion of the Agency (6-8 months)
- Formal and practical assessments.
Key performance areas:
- Conduct inspections on cross-border road transport
- Enforce Cross-border Road Transport legislation
- Attend to all court-going cases
- Compile and submit all the required reports.
Remuneration: The Agency offers an all-inclusive market-related package.
How to Apply
Submit detailed CVs including certified copies of qualifications, ID and driver’s licence to [email protected]
Applicants who fail to indicate the relevant reference number on their applications will not be considered.
The C-BRTA reserves the right not to appoint. Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a reference check, security clearance and criminal records check.
Note: If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Comments are closed.