Closing Date: 31 October 2018 at 16h30
The Chris Hani Municipality invites Grade 12 learners to apply for the Chris Hani District Municipality Community Skills Development Fund in the following fields: Mining Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Agricultural Economics, Veterinary Science, Finance, Horticulture, Developmental studies and Urban & Regional Town Planning studies in any recognized public higher education institution in South Africa.
The bursary fund came as a gesture acknowledging that education is a societal issue and that there can be no real development without the prerequisite skills which are the cornerstone of addressing real job creation, reducing poverty and inequality in our society. Beneficiaries of the bursary are expected to contribute in the district by enhancing the district developmental agenda as a foundation for economic growth, development and a medium to long term job creation.
All interested young people presently in Grade 12 or have completed their Grade 12 but could not study further due to financial constraints are requested to submit applications for consideration for financial assistance for the 2019 academic year.
The students eligible for assistance must meet the following criteria:
- Must be residents of the Chris Hani District Municipality, this means they must reside in one of the local municipalities that make up the CHOM (Emalahleni, Engcobo, Intsika Yethu, Sakhisizwe, Enoch Mgijima and Inxuba Yethemba)
- Must either be studying towards achieving Grade 12 or have passed Grade 12. It is their responsibility to apply and be accepted in tertiary institutions within South Africa
- Must maintain a performance averaging 60% and above in Grade 12 studies
- Must come from the previously disadvantaged communities of the CHDM. They must be financially needy and their families should prove that they cannot afford tertiary education
- Their fields Of study must be within those stipulated by the CHDM
- The prospective student must be committed to serve the CHDM for the period equivalent to the duration of the course of study.
How to Apply
Application forms are available from the Chris Hani Development Agency, 15 Warner Street, Southbourne, Queenstown, or can be downloaded from our website at wwu.chda.orq.za.
All forms to be submitted with a motivational letter and the required supporting documentation: certified ID copy, proof of residence / letter from Ward Councilor confirming residence, proof of financial need (bank statement / affidavit / salary advice.), certified final Grade 12 results (for those who have completed Grade 12) and interim / June 2018 results (for those presently in Grade 12), certified ID copies of both parents / guardians and if available, proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution.
Applications must be submitted by post or hand delivered to Chris hani Development Agency, 15 Warner Street, SouthBourne Queenstown on or before the closing date .
Further enquiries can be directed to the Project Officer: Skills Development, Ms Thembakazi Ngqoba at Tel: 045 807 4014 / Ms Nqabisa Cingo at Tel: 045 8074017 between 09:00am and 12:00pm daily.