Location: 53 Berkelye Rd, Ndabeni (old abattoir premises) by 08:00 – near M5 Office Park, Pinelands
Contract Post for 6 months : 1 December 20 16 – 30 May 20 17
Remuneration: R 86 28 3 p/a ( R41,48 / hour)
- Minimum requirement is a grade 10 qualification
- 18 years or older
- Be prepared to undergo practical and theoretical firefighting training
- Be prepared to be stationed at any Fire Stati on within the City of Cape Town
- Be prepared to work shifts
- Previous experience in fire related industry would be advantageous
- Be able to work in a team and cope with stressful situations
Performing a variety of tasks associated with responding to and extinguishing / mitigating vegetation fires, participating in fire safety work and training exercises as well as upholding station and equipment maintenance to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service.
Candidates need to pass a Fire & Rescue Service standard physical assessment comprising of the following:
- Reach test
- 2.4 km run (prescribed time)
- Push – ups
- Sit – ups
- De ad load carry Candidates must also pass a written assessment (Mathematics and comprehension) and a behavioural assessment .
Key Performance Areas
- Carry out fire – fighting operations under guidance, mentorship and supervision of firefighters and officers.
- Prepare for emergency incidents and protection duties
- Create fire breaks along the urban interface
- Maintain protective equipment
- Perform any other duties as and when required
- Wear protective clothing
- Operat e tools associated with the tasks.
- Work 40 hours per week
- W ork additional hours/overtime on short notice.
How to Apply
The posts are uniformed posts and due to the nature of the job the incumbents must be physically fit with no cardiac or respiratory abnormalities and will be required to undergo a fitness and medical evaluation PRIOR to appointment. To be considered for these positions and participate in the assessments, applicants must follow the ins tructions as detailed below:
|Surname Starts with||Date for Assessment|
|A – E||29 August 2016|
|F – K||30 August 2016|
|L – M||31 August 2016|
|O – S||1 September 2016|
|T – Z||2 September 2016|
Documents to Bring
- Original ID Document
- Recently certified copy of ID (within 3/6 months)
- Original High School Certificate
- Recently certified copy (within 3 / 6 months) of High School certificate
- PT Clothes & running shoes
- Participants to provide their own refreshments for the day
- Be prepared for any other weather conditions
Comments are closed.