Location: Cape Town
Closing Date: 22 February 2013
Company: CITY OF CAPE TOWN
Directorate/Department: LEARNER TECHNICIANS
Duration: 1-year contract
Basic Salary: R103 037 p.a. Ref. ES 6/13
Job Posting Title: Learner Technicians
Reference Code: ES 6/13 ext
Basic Salary: R103 037 p.a.
A successfully completed S4 course in the related field (in-service training still needed) or an S4 diploma; a valid Code B drivers licence would be preferred Resident of the Cape Metropole.
Key Performance Areas
These contract-based opportunities are available for Learner Technicians in possession of an S4 diploma OR those who still require in-service training to obtain their S4 diplomas in the following disciplines:
- Protection (HV & MV field services, projects design and settings, performance audit)
- Telecommunication (fibre optic network and multiplexers; telephone exchanges and cables; wide and local area network; radios and microwave)
- Measurement (laboratory, automation, quality, operations, construction and investigations)
- Transmission systems development (planning and design of high-voltage substations and specifications of HV cable,
- power transformers and switchgear, project management)
- Distribution systems development (planning and design of medium-voltage distribution systems and project management)
- Distribution (medium 11kV and low-voltage distribution
- system maintenance and construction)Mechanical (power station plant maintenance, gas turbine and hydroelectric)
- SCADA (remote control and communications)
- High-voltage cables (operations and maintenance of support systems, technology and resources)
- High voltage substations (operations and maintenance support systems, technology and resources)
- Vending systems: Operations and maintenance of support systems and technology. Please submit your CV, indicating your field of preference (ie SCADA, Measurement, etc), a certified copy of your ID and certified copies of your driver’s licence and S4 diploma (or statement of results and letter from the institution indicating that in-service training is outstanding for the S4 diploma to be awarded). Please note: All applicants meeting the minimum requirements will undergo an assessment
- preference will be given to candidates who qualify and require in-service training to obtain their S4 diploma
- If you have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
How to Apply
Please forward you application via e-mail to: [email protected]
Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request. No late applications will be considered.
If no notification of appointment is received within three months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Comments are closed.