You must be looking for this: http://puffandpass.co.za/city-of-cape-town-learnerships-2012
Location: Cape Town
Closing Date: 30 April 2012
The students will undertake a short learnership programme in information management and learn the intricacies involved in the dynamic field of information management within a government organization.
This short programme will aid the Communication department in moving terabytes of information into its new digital asset management system while exposing the students to the fundamentals of information management and exposure to an extensive technical environment.
Any student who wishes to begin a career in public management or information science will benefit substantially with hands-on experience and professional guidance that will add value to their future careers in any sphere of government.
See outcomes listed below:
- Understand how a dedicated database system is structured according to RM compliancy and the City’s official RM File Plan for records.
- Discover the legislative practices in a government body pertaining to records retention schedules and why they exist and for what purpose.
- Prepare archival standards-based preservation file formats of visually rich digital assets for ingesting into a digital asset management system.
- Discover the importance of thesaurus construction and the importance of metadata capture of legacy information and the importance of key wording in the search and retrieval process of digital assets in a database system.
- Learn about the importance of information management in a large government organisation and how it affects the end-user in the search and retrieval process of corporate information and the legislative compliances governing records in a public body.
- Learn to use a digital asset management system.
- Learn to use various software applications for conversion of digital files into long-term preservation formats.
- This programme will include extensive learning experience in the technical environment of both Windows and Apple Macintosh systems…
How to Apply?
Please send your CV & Cover letter to Meg Sho via email: [email protected]
Arts and Humanities ● Languages ● Social Sciences and Economics.