Closing Date: 14 November 2014 at 16:00
The City of Cape Town is offering a full-time 12-month internship for 27 new graduates in specific study fields. The internship provides an exciting opportunity for graduates to develop capacity and skills in key operational areas in the City of Cape Town and gain practical hands-on experience. The interns will be mentored by managers within relevant departments.
Applicants should be new graduates in one of the following fields:
- Environmental science / studies
- Heritage resource management
- Nature conservation
- Energy management
- Landscape architecture
- Spatial planning
- Urban and regional planning
- Land use planning
- Policy and strategy development
- Electrical / mechanical engineering
- Social sciences, humanities, development studies, geographical science
- Information and knowledge management / sciences
- Marketing / communication
A comprehensive breakdown of the above posts is available from this PDF document
How to Apply
- Only electronic applications will be accepted (no hard copies). Only electronic applications by e-mail will be accepted.
- Three supporting documents to include as attachments: 1) a covering letter, 2) brief 2-page CV and 3) academic transcript to: [email protected]. Other supporting documents will only be requested if you are shortlisted for an interview.
- Please submit a separate e-mail for each post you are applying for, with the name of the post in the subject line.
- If you have any relatives or friends currently employed by the City of Cape Town, state the name of the person and the department they work for in your e-mail.
- No late applications will be considered.
Kindly note that applications received will not be acknowledged in writing.