Closing Date: 12 October 2018
The City of Johannesburg Municipality is committed to provide skills development opportunities not only for its employees, but aIso for the Johannesburg community members. The City is offering 100 bursaries to South African youth, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in one of the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Law / Legal
- Built Environment (Architecture, Construction)
- Communication / Social Media
- Local Government Sciene / Politcal Science
- Logistics Management
- Community Services (Disaster Management)
- Marketing Management
- Curatorial Studies
- Emergency Management Services
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Municipal Governance
- Environmental Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Quality Assurance
- Finance (Accounting, Auditing, Entrepreneurial, Small Business Management, Suppay Chain Management, Treasury, Economists)
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Health (Nursing)
- Quantity Surveying
- Real Estate (Property Management, Property Valuation)
- Information Technology
- Regional Planning
- International Relations and Protocol
- Sports Science
Criteria for selection:
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary Institution.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary ¡s for study programmes of no less than one year.
The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance / results.
The Bursary covers:
- TuitIon and registration fees, prescribed books and / or study material and is limited to the amount of R 25,000.00 per academic year.
How to Apply
Download Application Form, Bursary application forms are also available from:
- City of Johannesburg Customer Service Centre’s.
- Reception Area, Ground Floor A-Block. Metropolitan Centre,Braamfontein (opposite the Civic Theatre).
Certified copies of the following must accompany applications:
- Most recent academic record.
- South African Identity Document.
- Proof of residency in Johannesburg (Statement of Water and Lights, Rates and Taxes).
Completed application forms can be posted to:
The Bursary Office
Group Corporate and Shared Services
Employee Relations and Development
RO. Box 1049
Hand delivered to:
- Any City of Johannesburg Customer Service Centre’s.
- Reception Area, Ground Floor A-Block, Metropolitan Centre,Braamfontein (opposite the Civic Theatre).
Please note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.