Closing Date: 12 December 2014.
The municipality is therefore giving an opportunity to learners/students who wish to further their studies at a recognised public institution of higher learning within South Africa to apply for bursaries for the 2015 academic year. Learners in Grade 12 or first year students at a university, university of technology or college for further education and training are invited to apply. The bursary shall cover tuition fees payable directly to the institution.
The qualifying criteria are as follows:
- Grade 12 / matric
- Studying towards a first degree or national diploma,
- Permanent resident of Polokwane Municipality
- Coming from a disadvantaged background
- Not currently benefitting from any bursary scheme.
Preference shall be given to fields of study like engineering, finance, urban and regional planning, transportation and environmental studies as per identified scarce and critical skills within Polokwane municipality, government, institutions and business enterprises, but candidates from other disciplines are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
Application forms are obtainable
at Polokwane Municipality’s Civic Centre Office 903, corner Bodenstein and Landros Mare streets or on the municipal website: www.polokwane.gov.za
The following should accompany the application forms:
- Certified copy of latest Grade 12 results
- Proof of provisional admission from a recognised institution of higher learning
- Proof of residence in a form of confirmation letter from a local Ward Councillor or authorised Traditional Leaders
- Proof of income of parents/guardians
Completed forms should be hand delivered on the 9th floor office no 903 or ground floor at the Civic Centre Cnr Landross Mare Street & Bodenstein Street, or they can be posted to P O Box 111 Polokwane 0700.
Enquiries should be directed to the municipality’s Training and Skills Development team on 015 290 2211 or 290 2344.
Comments are closed.