Location: CT, JHB
Closing Date: 01 March 2014
Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Says:
We offer a formal, two-week Student Vacation Programme at our Johannesburg and Cape Town offices during the winter holiday period.
During the vacation programme, you will be assigned to a team of professionals (directors, associates and candidate attorneys). Your day-to-day activities may include training sessions; discussion forums; consultations, drafting of documents, court attendances and legal research. You will be given the opportunity to work in at least two different practices areas during the course of the vacation programme.
We include various training sessions and skills development initiatives as part of the vacation programmes.
- The in-house training for vacation students covers the following:
- library orientation;
- legal research;
- orientation and training on how to use the electronic resources and databases (ie Juta, LexisNexis, Sabinet etc);
- drafting legal documents;
- computer skills;
- practice management sessions;
- various specialist legal topics.
Our programme is designed to give you an intricate understanding of how our firm works, how our fee earners interact and the nature of our relationships with our clients.
How to Apply