Location: Cape Town
“Please note that preference will be given to candidates from designated groups for employment equity purposes”
Primary role of this position is to manage the various administrative functions within marketing and provide assistance to HOM, marketing manager, communications specialists and investor relations officer on projects as briefed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Guard book management – collect tear sheets from media agency and ensure that guard book is always up-to-date
- Maintain marketing compliance databases – advertising disclaimers and terms and conditions
- Daily scanning of newspapers for all competitive and Coronation ads. Maintain related databases.
- Booking marketing team business travel
- Management of storeroom audit register, ensuring that collateral material is stored and filed in a systematic and orderly manner
- In collaboration with HOM manage company collateral, this includes sourcing suppliers for collateral and when briefed by HOM conduct checks to ensure that suppliers are BBBEE compliant
- Letterheads, business cards, envelopes – managing all updates and changes in this respect. Physical and digital.
- Management of dispatch numbers for Corospondent , annual reports and brochures
- Upkeep of collateral banners and other corporate items etc.
- Working closely with marketing manager and communications specialist, update internal site – Coronet with changes as and when required including all the documentation in the forms warehouse section
- On an adhoc/ briefed by marketing manager collate competitive digital
- Liaise with Personal Investments on the creation of invitations primarily, portfolio manager lunches and write brief for copy to communications specialists/marketing manager and or HOM.
- Working with communications specialist, marketing manager and or HOM assist with the execution of invitations – by briefing agencies to execute copy as provided by the former and conducting initial copy checks
- Assist with communications desk research when briefed, this may entail competitive product and or competitive communication research.
- Provide assistance to team, specifically with packaging of collateral for events.
- Provide input to the development and implementation of the bi-annual team build event.
- Provide assistance to the office manager with the staging of adhoc staff parties.
- Assist HOM in collating proposals and invoices of external suppliers.
- No work experience required but some experience and on an internship with a competitive fund management and or wealth management business would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of asset management would be an advantage.
- Excellent practical skills on MS Outlook.
1. Completed Business Science or Commerce university degree with a major in Marketing and ideally Economics as a second major
Competencies & Personality Attributes
A passion for services industry marketing Ability to grasp concepts quickly
Highly numerate and with an understanding of the fund management business
High energy levels, willingness to learn and initiative to go the extra mile
Team player with a passion to participate in the varied aspects of fund management marketing, service and task orientated, able to execute all projects and requests that are assigned timeously
Impeccable attention to detail and inherent good organisational skills
Professional, good communicator
Most Important Attribute
Numerate and analytical skills
A flare for marketing
Strong administrative skills
Some Writing skills
Understanding of the web and digital as a marketing channel
Creative flair to assist team with developing communication and experiential ideas
Web and computer skills including proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Knowledge of the fund management business, preferably have spent time in an internship role in financial services
Able to conduct desk research projects
MS Office package including Outlook
How to Apply