Location: Cape Town
Closing Date: 16 April 2012
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience at one of southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies.
As a graduate client service consultant, you will be a frontline representative of Coronation for our Personal Investments products, which include local and offshore funds as well as a number of tax-efficient retirement and endowment products. You will have exposure to a diverse client base, and will be responsible for resolving a broad range of requests and complex queries.
You will operate in a culture of teamwork and excellence, as you strive to live by the Coronation client charter, and in so doing will gain insight into the success of Coronation.
This opportunity will help you build a platform from which to launch your career in the investment industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle existing client queries relating to investments in the unit trust and retirement and life product streams, both telephonically and written
- Meeting with clients and prospective clients to explain the investment options
- Largely office-bound role, but may be required to meet with clients offsite on occasion
- Maintenance of relationships and commission arrangements with IFA’s.
- Management of documentation iro Anti Money Laundering legislation and other static client data as required from time to time
- Management of internal relationships to ensure prompt client response, including intermediary account managers and premier client manager
- Managing Third Party Administrator/admin support relations
- Controlling, monitoring and supporting clients in the Coronation Online Services secure environment
- Following up with potential clients and leads
- Maintenance of Saleslogix
- Handling of rejected/pended transaction instructions received from 3rd party administrators, following up with clients
- Liaising with clients on outstanding bank recon items, unallocated deposits
- Recognising service delivery failures and managing the resolution of these
- Following up on returned e-mails and post to maintain accurate client data records
- Reporting on activities to manager
- Knowledge in providing client service to Unit Trust and Individual Retirement Product clients as well as to intermediaries or graduates with outstanding academic results and knowledge of Unit Trusts and Financial Markets
- Ability to build outstanding relationships.
- Relevant tertiary qualification – BComm etc
- CFP preferable
Competencies & Personality Attributes
- Must have an “I can” mentality – constantly looking for opportunities to exceed clients expectations
- Must be a detailed individual with a thorough understanding of retirement products and of unit trusts, supported by the relevant qualifications
- Must be a ‘student of the market’ as well as have an understanding of products
- Must have a proven track record of being client and service-orientated and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ambitious, highly energetic and keen to take on additional responsibilities in a dynamic environment.
- Must have initiative and the ability to act pro-actively.
- Must be a self starter.
- Must be able to deal with clients and should have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must be able to work in a team environment, where each person is encouraged to be accountable for their actions
Most Important Attribute
Must be able to deal with clients and should have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- MS Office.
- Client Relationship Management system (e.g. Saleslogix)
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals