Closing Date: 03 August 2012
Overall Job Purpose : Responsible for conducting investigations relating to the execution of Geohydrological research and consultancy projects.
- Perform geohydrological investigations or research that may involve mapping, gathering of data, development of geohydrological models, compilation of maps and reports, water sampling, laboratory and field parameter measurement analysis work.
- Perform basic geo-scientific investigations or research under guidance and supervision.
- Assist with project proposal development.
- Participation in statutory and commercial projects.
- Conduct investigations or research that may involve mapping, gathering of data, geospatial representation of geoscientific data, compilation of maps and reports, laboratory analysis work, interpretation and graphical representation of analyses.
- Conduct moderately simple geo-scientific investigations or research under guidance and supervision.
- Ensure that work is conducted within the required ISO standards being developed and prevailing national standards, norms, best practices and guidelines.
Key Personal Attributes
- Ability to conduct geo-scientific investigations and research under supervision.
- Ability to present geo-scientific investigations in a written report.
- Ability to relate to members of a team and work within a team setting.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to show initiative, motivation and willingness to learn.
- Willingness to work outside the normal office hours.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. (Honours) in hydrogeology, hydrogeochemistry or a related Earth Sciences discipline and SACNASP registration as a trainee scientist.
- Valid Driver’s License
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application to [email protected]. Please quote the position reference title when submitting your application.
Note: Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.