Closing date: 9 AUGUST 2016
Location: Sandton, JHB
Investment Banking Division Graduate Program
About the Program
Our Graduate Program runs for 6 months from the January to June, and is open to post-graduates who are interested in gaining an insight into Investment Banking. The program will be structured with a significant amount of on-the-job training and will allow for an international network to be built, across the organization. It offers the applicant the opportunity to gain proficiency across multiple areas in finance at an accelerated pace.
A framework for approaching M&A situations, equity and debt capital market raises, as well as the suite of structured products will be some of the learning areas addressed during the 6 months – with the aim of transitioning the graduate into an eligible applicant for a full-time analyst role in the investment banking industry. The graduate employee will be responsible for the creation of ideas and materials that are directed at the largest corporates both in and outside of the country.
To be eligible, you will have completed or be due to complete an Honours, Masters or PhD qualification (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting and / or Economics. All applicants must be in their final year of study, and be able to start full-time employment in January 2017 for a period of 6 months.
What We Look For
While our employees have a wide range of experiences and interests, they share an intellectual curiosity, a desire to achieve and a pattern of excellence and achievement. Preferred candidates should demonstrate:
- A track record of academic excellence
- A strong grounding in finance, accounting and economics
- Interest in finance, specifically relating to the listed universe and their corporate actions
- Client-focused and committed to developing creative solutions
- A critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- A self-starter who is able to envision long-term goals and ways to attain them
- A collaborative team member who builds excellent relationships
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- Analytical and logical, with raw intellectual ability
How to apply
The following documents must be forwarded via email to : [email protected]
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of identity document
No late applications will be accepted/ considered for review