Closing Date: 20 June 2014
Location: Cape Town
ACCESS is seeking a passionate and driven, full-time Intern to assist us in the implementation of our education portfolio activities. The role will involve helping to support and develop various ACCESS education initiatives in the field of ESS. These include outreach programmes at schools, the undergraduate sub-programme (Habitable Planet Workshop), and our postgraduate workshops.
- This position would suit a recent graduate who has an interest in developing a career in science communication or education / science management.
- The minimum qualification for this post is an Honours degree. A Master’s degree in a related field of study (science or science education) will be an advantage.
The successful candidate will report to the ACCESS Education Manager and will be expected to support ACCESS training events through:
- Assisting with creative input and planning for ACCESS events and activities.
- Working with relevant staff to assist with administration, planning and logistics.
- Making a creative input in developing content for courses and training.
- Delivering of teaching / training at events (as appropriate).
- Participating in ACCESS Management meetings and perform related functions.
- Excellent oral/written communication and teaching skills and
- Be able to engage students effectively at a range of levels (from high school to postgraduate).
How to Apply
Comments are closed.