Closing Date: 11 September 2014
The CSIR has a vacancy for Service Technician Intern who will be responsible for assisting the Service Technicians with the installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC systems utilising knowledge of refrigeration theory; electrical schematics; pneumatic and electronic control systems; pipe fitting; welding and brazing; and mechanical layouts gained through work experience in relevant fields. The position is based in Pretoria.
- Provide professional service to customers.
- Use a variety of hand tools, following blueprints, wiring diagrams, piping schemes and engineering specifications to diagnose and repair units.
- Observe and obey safety rules and regulations.
- Perform preventative maintenance and show a willingness to learn about the technical and non-technical aspects of the job.
- Prepare for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties and gathering materials.
- Carry out air conditioning installations under the supervision of an artisan.
- Document work by completing accurate paperwork and maintaining files.
- Works well with other members of the team, both in the field and office.
- Other duties may be assigned relevant to the field.
Qualifications and experience:
- N3 or higher technical certificate.
- Air-conditioning, electrical and refrigeration experience.
How to Apply
Comments are closed.