Closing Date: 06 June 2014
The CSIR ICC’s food and beverage department has vacancies for students who are about to complete their academic training in part fulfilment of their national diplomas in the disciplines stipulated below. The CSIR ICC in-service training programme aims to expose students to the work environment for a period of 6 months with workplace learnership in fulfillment of their National Diploma.
- The minimum education qualification will be the completion of at least two years’ theoretical component of a national diploma in hospitality management or events management.
- An outstanding academic record for the two years of study
- Motivation Letter
- Food beverage:
- Wash, wash dishes and general kitchen cleaning
- Prepare and cook different dishes.
- Order, receive & issue stock, stock take and stock data input.
- Ensure that all food requirements for events are met according to set standards.
- Set up banquets
- Set up houseman ship and meeting venues.
- Responsible for bar service, stock control, procedures, billing systems and cash registers.
- Do function recons / Bev Stocktaking / Planning / Event Supervision and Equipment stock taking.
- Strong interpersonal skills and
- The ability to work flexible hours in a dynamic environment would be an advantage
How to Apply
Apply for the CSIR Banqueting In-service Traineeship