Closing Date: 31 March 2013
About the job:
CSIR Modelling and Digital Science (MDS) unit has a vacancy for Internship in the Information Security competence area. The unit assists in the CSIR’s drive to strengthen science, engineering and technology (SET) outputs; develop human capital and invests in Emerging Research Areas, including Nanotechnology, Synthetic Biology and Mobile Intelligent Autonomous Systems. This position is based in Pretoria and it is part of a fingerprint biometric project and will focus on the software aspect
- Identify ISO/IEC biometric standards that the fingerprint identification system should comply with for adoption into industry.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of the process for making the fingerprint identification system compliant with ISO/IEC standards.
- Assist with the development and implementation of testing approaches for a fingerprint biometric system.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in electrical, electronic, computer engineering or computer science.
- Must be able to program in C or C++.
- Must be familiar with Octave/Matlab (or a similar interpreted programming language such as Python).
- Good interpersonal and team skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Problem-solving and solution-seeking orientation.
- Must have good communication, presentation and writing skills.
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Comments are closed.