Closing Date: 11 July 2014
The purpose of these Internships is to equip the Interns with knowledge and experience on renewable energy as part of the broader process of dealing with climate change effects in the public and private sector environments. This programme will also address capacity building in renewable energy (CBRE) with special focus on Biogas. The programme is a result of the collaboration between CSIR/Gauteng Department of Economic Development and the West Rand District Municipality.
- A national diploma or Bachelor’s degree in the built environment discipline (i.e. engineering, town and regional planning, architecture, applied mathematics, geography), or allied disciplines.
- Engage in job-related tasks and assignments, contributing to the CBRE project.
- Participate in technical seminars on waste to energy and in district and/or local municipal workshops on renewable energy and other project-related events and processes.
- Participate in assessment studies and upgrading of the wastewater treatment works for generation of electricity from waste.
- Strengthen job-related skills through skills development courses and working experience.
- Good interpersonal and team skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Innovative, creative, problem-solving and solution-seeking orientation.
- Good communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
How to Apply
Apply for the CSIR Internship Programme Opportunities