Field: Biochemistry / Microbiology
Closing Date: 30 May 2012
About the Job
CSIR Built Environment’s (BE) research is aimed at supporting South Africa’s competitive performance and the welfare and the quality of life of its people through knowledge generation for the development of an efficient and globally competitive built environment system.
These positions are based in Pretoria and Stellenbosch for the June and July vacation and will be for a period of four (4) weeks. Candidates must be South Africans.
Key Performance Areas
- Contribute and support research in the BE operating unit by working under instruction.
- A minimum of one year studying in the fields of architecture, building physics, civil, mechanical engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Applicants must currently be enrolled for a degree in the fields mentioned above.
- Excellent computer presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and team skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Problem-solving, solution-seeking orientation.
- Must have good communication, presentation and writing skills.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Should you meet the above requirements, please go to the URL indicated below in order to apply; select the position reference number 301241; complete the application form and attach your CV: www.csir.co.za/apply.php