Closing date: 6 February 2014
Duration: 1 year
A vacancy is available for in an internship position for a recently-graduated Chemical Engineer. The LMP research group is doing a project on laser-based processing of Ti powders and the intern’s responsibilities will include the testing and optimisation of a laser-based process for the processing of the metal powders.
- Driving the scientific investigation process within the discipline of chemical engineering.
- Producing first prototype material and advice, without supervision, on refinements and optimisation strategies to demonstrate the viability of the process.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A chemical engineering degree.
- Basic material knowledge of Ti alloys and associated analytical techniques to verify the integrity of the alloys.
- Mathematical modelling capability of heat processes and pyro-metallurgical reactions, as well as laser technologies will be advantageous.
- Good interpersonal and team skills.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in an interdisciplinary team.
- Problem-solving and solution-seeking orientation.
- Good communication, presentation and writing skills.
How to Apply